Betsy DeVos is the Wrong Choice for Secretary of Education
It is hard to imagine a worse choice than Betsy DeVos. Make sure your Senator hears that, many times. Peter Greene has this right.
- No experience with public education
- No organizational experience
- No administrative experience
- Vouchers are bad news for everybody
- Nobody voted for Jeb Bush or the Common Core
- Her track record is terrible
Betsy DeVos Hearings Playlist (4 videos)
Starting with Senator Elizabeth Warren questioning Betsy DeVos, nominee for Secretary of Education, at a HELP Committee hearing on January 17, 2017. Video Playlist navigation in the upper left corner of the video player.
- Ten Questions for Betsy DeVos by Garn Press Author Russ Walsh
- The Red Queen by Jennifer Berkshire, From EduShyster
- Six Reasons To Oppose Betsy DeVos – by Peter Greene from the Curmudgucation Blog
Garn Press Education Books
In a time of existential risk when irresponsible decisions are being made by the incoming administration, many professors of education, teachers in public schools, and parents who are resisting the privatization of public education oppose the nomination of Betsy Devos as Secretary of Education. Garn education books value imagination, creativity, originality, and innovation. The critical question that many of our books address is “What actionable knowledge do we need to change the future now?” We are convinced that all those who work for the common good in the caring professions must be supported. Garn’s task is to support a new generation of thinkers who are using the power of science and social experience to stand up for human rights and to participate in the struggle for a future in which Earth is a child safe zone.
- Preparing the Nation’s Teachers to Teach Reading: A Manifesto in Defense of “Teacher Educators Like Me”
- First Do No Harm: Progressive Education In A Time Of Existential Risk
- Raising Peacemakers
- Negotiating a Permeable Curriculum: On Literacy, Diversity, and the Interplay of Children’s and Teachers’ Worlds
- A Parent’s Guide to Public Education in the 21st Century: Navigating Education Reform to Get the Best Education for My Child
- The Educator And The Oligarch: A Teacher Challenges The Gates Foundation
- Beware the Roadbuilders: Literature as Resistance
- Ken Goodman – The 1992-1993 Interviews of Renowned Reading Scholars – From What’s Whole in Whole Language in the 21st Century?
- What’s Whole In Whole Language In The 21st Century?
- Save Our Children, Save Our School, Pearson Broke The Golden Rule: A Satire
- Great Women Scholars: Yetta Goodman, Maxine Greene, Louise Rosenblatt, Margaret Meek Spencer
- Nineteen Clues: Great Transformations Can Be Achieved Through Collective Action