BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO GALLERY: Women’s March on Washington – Sister March – New York City Jan 21, 2017
On January 21st 2017, New York City proudly joined the Women’s March on Washington and the international community to march in support of equality, civil rights, and human dignity for every human. Gallery made possible through your support on Patreon. Learn more about Patreon on Garn Press.
At the Washington march one after another the speakers, many of them young women of color, speak with eloquence and passion, and they are not afraid of the harsh and sometimes crude truth. Their speeches rise to the high expectations of oratory – oratory as it is rarely heard in Congress, where good old boys adhere to the expectations of politeness and speak with clodding pedantry, without ever knowing that when women are released from the shackles that bind them they are capable of such life sustaining eloquence. At the Women’s March on Washington wisdom was theirs but there were no illusions of victory in the crowd or in what the speakers said. They all knew this is the beginning of the fight.
Resources and Links
- Week in Review: World News & Editorial – January 22-28
- The Voices of Women Who Made History At the March in Washington D.C. January 21st 2017
- VIDEO: Young Voices – The Right to Protest from the Voice Project
- Love Trumps Hate: The Descent Of Donald Trump into the American Psyche and the Dissent of the People
- VIDEO: Conversations on Race – Short Documentaries on Ethnic and Racial Identities
- VIDEO PLAYLIST: Happy International Women’s Day – Her Voice Is My Voice, Celebrate The Women Who Inspire Us Every Day
- VIDEO PLAYLIST: History Channel Sound Smart Series: Historian and Author Yohuru Williams