PHOTO GALLERY: People’s March for Education Justice – Organized by the Alliance for Quality Education (AQE)
We are convinced that all those who work for the common good in the caring professions must be supported. Garn’s task is to support a new generation of thinkers who are using the power of science and social experience to stand up for human rights and to participate in the struggle for a future in which Earth is a child safe zone.
In response to Trump, Betsy DeVos, and the Republican Party’s push to privatize public education, many professors of education, teachers in public schools, parents, students, and community members across New York State marched on March 4, 2017 for education justice. There is no doubt that we must all act. Marches were organized across New York State – Buffalo, Kingston, Long Island, New York City, Rochester and Schenectady – organized by the Alliance for Quality Education (AQE). Read the full platform here (PDF).
PHOTO GALLERY: People’s March for Education Justice
On March 4, students, teachers, parents and community members across New York State came together to brave the cold for the People’s March for Education Justice.
The People’s March for Education Justice Program Includes:
- Full & Fair funding for all Public Schools from Pre-K – College
- End the School to Prison Pipeline: Solutions, not Suspensions
- Increase Access to Early Care and Learning Opportunities for Babies & Toddlers
- End the state’s over-reliance on high-stakes testing
- Protect Public Education: End of School Privatization
- Implement Culturally Responsive Curriculum
- Increase Supports for Students in Poverty
- Increase Supports for Immigrant Students & English Language Learners
- Protect the Educational Rights of Students with Disabilities
- Full & Fair funding for all Public Schools from Pre-K- College
— AQE New York (@AQE_NY) March 4, 2017